Diabetes is truly an insidious disease. Though there is an immediate risk of extreme low or high blood glucose levels, most of the damage accumulates slowly over time. Elevated blood glucose levels are a symptom of prediabetes and diabetes of any type.
Most people mistakenly believe that hearing damage is easy to recognize when, in fact, the warning signs can be somewhat ambiguous and indicative of a variety of issues.
Contact sports, which include football, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, baseball, and rugby, are a source of great fun for both the players and the fans. Any participating player would love to win against the opponents.
According to research, 40 percent of hearing loss is caused by genetic factors. The remaining 60 percent of factors are preventable according to the World Health Organization.
Exposure to noise has been identified as the leading cause of hearing damage in the world today. However, that wasn’t always the case. Prior to the industrial revolution, a person’s exposure to overly loud noises was pretty much limited to the periodic thunder storm or large get-together.
Hearing loss occurs to most people as they age. Hearing loss can be due to the aging process, exposure to loud noise, certain medications, infections, head or ear trauma, congenital (birth or prenatal) or hereditary factors, diseases, as well as a number of other causes.