Who we are
Audiology island operates https://audiologyisland.com/ website, which provides the SERVICE.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Visitors can choose to contact us via enquiry form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with a ‘CAPTCHA’ challenge to ensure the submission is from a living person, rather than a computer bot. This CAPTCHA challenge creates a cookie that is used only to check the input response from the user is correct. The CAPTCHA cookie does not store any other information from your enquiry.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Returns Policy for hearing aids
45-Day Adjustment and Evaluation Period: The purchased hearing devices may be returned for full refund (MINUS the fitting fee (if it was ordered additionally) of $350 and any other related service fees) until: I can expect this amount to be refunded within approximately 1-3 weeks.
NOTE: Fees for audiological evaluation, ear impressions, wiring for CROS, BICROS, softband or other retention type of accessories are not subject to refund. Earmolds, or other such products used in conjunction with hearing aid shall remain the property of the patient (purchaser) named on this contract, earmolds are not refundable. Please be advised, if hearing aid(s) are lost during the 45‑day trial period, they are not subject to refund.
Returns Policy for accessories
Our no quibble, 30-day, money back guarantee policy is exactly that – if you don’t like, or you’re unhappy with any item you have bought from AudiologyIsland.com, you can return it to us at no cost to you (from within the US), up to 30 days after it has been dispatched, for replacement or full product refund. Please contact us before returning any item to obtain a return number and your unique return label.
If you wish to return goods after 30 days of shipping then you should first contact our customer support to see whether a return is appropriate.
To return goods you need to contact us to obtain a Return Authorisation Number (RAN). You can request one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on (718) 980-0188. The RAN should be quoted on an accompanying letter to explain the reason for return and ideally a copy of the original invoice. We recommend you obtain proof of postage from the post office when returning any item to us.
You will be notified by email or in writing when your returned Goods have been received by us.
Orders for Goods
– Each order will be monitored individually, by calling the customer and verifying their information.
– We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will never store your credit/debit card information on our website. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology via GEOTrust and will be transferred and processed by Worldpay. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Prices and Payment
– Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by Audiology Island.
– We will use best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the prices and price related information stated on the Site.
– However we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and misprice an item inadvertently. If this is the case, we will notify you of the error before your payment is processed. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will never store your credit/debit card information on our website. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology via GEOTrust and will be transferred and processed by Worldpay. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.