Starkey Hear Clear Wax Guards
For Starkey hearing aids, use Hear Clear wax guards. Sticks with an ergonomic shape provide a better grip and make removal and insertion easy.
Expert advice when you need it
Send Us Your Audiogram
Depending on individual usage and ear wax accumulation, wax guards may need to be changed. Most hearing aid users change their wax guard every three to four weeks, but for some people, it may be every two weeks or once a month. When you clean your hearing aid, you can keep track of your own ear wax production (we recommend this every night). You will know it is time for a change if your wax guard is clogged or the sound quality has decreased.
Before installing a new wax guard, make sure to clean the area around the old one and remove all of the wax from the receiver.
How to use?
These steps will work for many hearing aids. However, if your hearing aid has a dome, you will need to take this off before changing your wax guard. To change your wax guard, follow this simple process:
- A new wax guard will typically come mounted to the end of a tool that looks like a stick, and on the other end of the tool, you will have a pin.
- Remove the tool from the package and push the pin into the used wax guard.
- Gently pull the tool until the used guard is released.
- After the used guard has been removed, you will need to insert the new guard. Use the tool to place the new guard into the speaker/ receiver.
- Remove the tool, and the new guard should be securely housed in your hearing aid ready for use.
Starkey Hear Clear Wax guards are designed for Starkey RIC, CIC, ITC & ITE hearing aids.
Features and benefits:
- Lightweight and portable
- Carry case for new and used wax guard sticks
- Easy removal and insertion
- Ergonomic shape for better grip
If you’re placing an order for someone else and are unsure of which product to order, please contact us and we can help you place the order. Call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the website chat service on the left of this page.