We Are Now Offering Serenade®
A new sound therapy for the relief of tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
Tinnitus Treatment Helps NY Residents Stop Ringing in the Ears
Everyone on Staten Island is familiar with the deafening “love song” of cicadas. Now imagine hearing this sound all day/night long in your ears! This condition that many people experience is called tinnitus. The word “tinnitus” means “tinkling or ringing like a bell.”
People have reported hearing it in the head or in one or both ears. Tinnitus can be perceived as ringing, hissing, buzzing, whistling, or chirping and may be intermittent or continuous. It can range from mild to severe. People that have severe tinnitus may experience trouble with sleeping, hearing, and even functioning on a daily basis.
Audiology Island, located on Staten Island, NY, specializes in the evaluation and management of tinnitus. Our doctors utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to identify and manage hearing, psychological and medical needs that are specific to each individual and their tinnitus severity.
If you are experiencing tinnitus and are in search of a top-quality audiologist in New York, both Dr. Zhanneta Shapiro, AU.D., CCC-A and Dr. Stella Fulman, AU.D., CCC-A will work closely with you. We will develop the appropriate management plan for your tinnitus to taper the adverse effects that it might have on your everyday life.
The first step in getting an appropriate diagnosis would be getting an audiological and medical evaluation. Our top-rated New York audiologists will conduct a series of tests in order to get the most information about your hearing, tinnitus, and hyperacusis. The results of the evaluation will be explained, and we will set up an individualized tinnitus treatment plan based on your test results.
Audiology Island is the only clinic that offers the widest selection of tinnitus treatment on Staten Island, NY:
- Zen Therapy
- Phonak Tinnitus Therapy
- Siemens Tinnitus Therapy
- Resound Tinnitus Therapy
Features of Serenade:
- Unlike other approaches, this treatment is customized to your specific tinnitus.
- Includes 4 separate sound tracks so you can select the one that works best for you, day or night.
- Treatment sounds known as S-Tones® were developed by independent leading university hearing experts and only recently commercialized.
- This technology is based on advanced research and solid science, and is FDA cleared.
- The device is small, portable, and easy to use.
- Includes SleepAssist – a 60 minute, auto-off timer to help you fall asleep.
- Independent left and right volume controls offer maximum flexibility, comfort and customization.
Ask us about Serenade and whether it may be right for you.
For more information about Serenade, ask your audiologist or visit www.soundcure.com.